Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My internship (contd.)

hmm, quite some time i blogged. However, felt i shouldnt do the same with my blogs, what i do with my novel readings. So thought, its fair to complete my internship experience. interestingly, already its long past. ofcourse, this was not the only motivation for continuing...

hha, finally I entered the den of geeks. Too many things were running in my head, how ppl here would receive me ? and in fact, how i receive them was the biggest question. As my confidence levels are always low, i began to bother myself too much, what if i cant stand upto their expectations etc etc... in my typical manner.

And Arvind was still guiding me to my place, and meanwhile I was observing the employees and their behaviours.. actually they were perfectly normal and cool. (i say this, because, in my imaginary sarnoff, the office was full of geeks, with thick glasses, bushy hair and moving their fingers in air calculating the gaussian of every thing they see and thinking of what happens, if i convolute this with that.. aah, many more)...

Arvind: "Anil, this is another intern, deepali."
me: "Hi" (hmm, good that some fren here, that too a gal. do not really know how to talk to gals etc.
I had a gut feeling, i was not gonna finish off this internship smoothly...)
Deepali: "Hi"..
me: "since how long have u been doing this internship?"
Deepali: "aa, juss abt 2 days back we landed here"
(We ?, oh so more victims are here..., thats kinda good)
me: "So may I knw where u r from?, aa i mean, where u did ur graduation ."
deepali: "I havent done my graduation already first of all. I am from IIT-B"

oops, IIT ? and that too not one gal, many more are there.. so, this is gonna be damn fun.
"And where r u from"
me: IIIT hyderabad. (!!, saw her expression, nothing i could learn).

And suddenly, 3 more huge guyz came into her cubical, and soon learnt that they were the 'others'.
shaggy, vebhav and saurabh. all from IITs... they came to me then and they looked very cool n jovial and said hi, and the minute i replied to them, it was clear i was not as extovertic or fast as they are....
(Come on, dont atleast show that. cheerup, try to look cool.. ;) boostin myself).. we went to coffee.

First time, some good i found that, none of them had as much exposure as I had in vision or graphix, which will b the areas of work here... so seems, i can manage too. but the fact that, each of them had one 'i' less than me, kept me alert.(infact, it kept me alert till the very final week, i stayed there).

And arvind came to me again.
Arvind: "how do u find every thing, not fair to ask so soon"
me: "abb, aa yaa good, every things is fine"
Arvind: "u will b doing lotta great and interesting stuff here, u will do bla blabalh..(some grafix stuff)".
me: "oh thats defintely interesting" (not sure, what exactly am gonna do, but sth with opengl, c++, which is already learnt a little in my coursework, so managable).
Arvind: For today u dont have ne work as such. juss surf thru our sarnoff sites and mail clients, and get urself comfartable...
me: Sure, will do that arvind(could resist myself from saying sir, finally).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home